Member Login Home Page
at Portage Bay
& Web Cams
August 12 - 13, 2017
Hosted by Seattle Yacht Club at Sail Sand Point
Notice of Race
Buy the new book and receive a complimentary copy of
The 1892-1992 Centennial History of the Seattle Yacht Club
(Limited to quantities on hand)
Learn about our culture and its traditions
Enjoy over 500 vintage and modern photos
Grasp how the club has changed over the decades
Discover how SYC members created a World Class Yacht Club
Appreciate our Outstations and discover how they were acquired
A one-time printing created for members by members
Available for Christmas 2017
Just call the front desk!
Seattle Yacht Club offers the finest service and cuisine for your special events. More information can be found in Dining & Private Events.
Contact our Catering & Special Events Manager for more information.
Hiram Locks Mini-Documentaries
To commemorate the 100th Anniversary of the Hiram Locks and the Ship Canal the Army Corp of Engineers commissioned a series of documentaries on the building of these amazing waterways and locks. We have posted them all on our website for your enjoyment. A Big thank you to the Army Corp of Engineers!
• Seattle's Waterway to the World
A 59-minute documentary featuring excerpts from the interviews with Tyler Ellison & Roger Werner.
• Recreational Boating on the Ship Canal Features excerpts from Tyler Ellison, Michele Shaw, Gina Purdy and Roger Werner.
• Salmon in the City
• Chittenden & The Corps
• Pioneers of the Ship Canal: Thomas Mercer & Harvey Pike
• A Glass Half Full: Native Americans & The Ship Canal
• Shipyards & Boatyards of the Ship Canal
• Legacy of the Locks & Lake Washington Ship Canal: Centennial Kickoff
• Underground Tour of the Ballard Locks Pump Plant
• Drawbridges of the Ship Canal
• Fremont Bridge Hard Hat Tour
• Halibut Schooner Vansee: Underway from the Locks for a Century
• Nordic Roots of the Ballard Locks & Ship Canal
• Making the Cut: Centennial Exhibit at the University of Washington
• Fishermen's Terminal: Home Port on the Ship Canal
2nd Annual Bacon Bash Cooking Competition at Port Madison